Renters Insurance in New Orleans

In this economy, it makes sense to rent. If you do, play it safe. Protect the things your landlord won't cover.

If you rent an apartment, house, condo, or even a dorm room, you may think you don’t need insurance. But if fire, theft, or vandalism damages your property, your landlord’s insurance policy will only cover the building itself, not your personal belongings.

You have probably invested a lot of time and money into your personal effects, and it’s up to you to take care of them. Having a renters insurance (or Tenants Insurance) policy can pay for the cost of replacing your belongings if they are damaged due to a covered accident, or if they’re stolen.

Depending on your policy, your insurance will pay to replace items using one of two methods: Actual Cash Value (ACV) or Replacement Cost.

With ACV coverage, your belongings are insured only for the amount in which they are currently worth, while Replacement Cost will pay for the expense of replacing the items with brand new ones.

Since guests probably come to your home from time to time, it’s advisable to add the optional "Liability Coverage" to your renters insurance policy. This will safeguard your assets from injury claims if someone becomes injured while at your home.

If a fire or other damage makes your residence, your Renters Insurance may compensate you for the cost of renting a temporary place to live.

Our agents are dedicated to helping you to get the proper coverage at an affordable rate.

Contact us at (504) 555-5555 to see how we can help you with a renters insurance policy.

(504) 555-5555
Powered by...